Peppermint essential oil remains one of those essential oils you cannot live without. It settles our stomachs, cleans out our sinuses and just plain tastes refreshing. I also like peppermint essential oil because I can easily pass it out to my kids. One drop goes a long way and I have used it to help my special needs son digest, help him with congestion and as an antihistamine with 2 other oils.
My son has never experienced any residual or negative effects from peppermint oil. We always keep one bottle on hand for a variety of uses in our home. Everyone in the family can use it.
How can peppermint oil help you?
Peppermint can be used for a variety of reasons:
- It soothes the stomach.
- It alleviates indigestion.
- It eliminates reflux.
- It makes our minds alert.
- Relieves sinus congestion.
- varicose veins
- irritable bowel syndrome
- muscle fatigue
- as an antioxidant
- as an antibacterial
- alleviates hot flashes
- congestion from cold, flu and viruses
This is not even a complete list.
How can you use it?
- You can add it to a diffuser for congestion.
- With hot chocolate, just add a drop or two of good quality peppermint essential oil for a delicious minty taste!
- In your favorite brownie recipe, you can add it by adding a few drops into your brownie batter.
- In your special cup of tea, especially when you have a cold, add a drop or two.
- On your wrists, temples, feet or neck for health and wellness needs—just dab a drop or two in each location.
- Mix it with water in a spray bottle for everything from a room deodorizer, burns, odors and sanitization.
- Or, add a drop of peppermint essential oil on top of your favorite ice cream.
These are my favorite brands of peppermint essential oil: