If you are a special needs mom, or a mom who has multiple children and many stresses then this series is for you.
If you don’t have a special needs child, then let me explain.
You are on call 24/7.
Some parents do not get a full night’s sleep.
You pray for people to help care for your child, or to give you a small break.
The medical procedures and bills can be overwhelming.
Working for a living sometimes becomes a challenge.
You find and rely on those people who want to and love helping special needs children.
There are still medical procedures to carry out from home.
Add to that, the rest of life, and you could have a mixture for disaster.
Notice I said could. There is always hope!
Adrenal Fatigue is the best book I know of on the subject of building up your adrenals, and is written by James Wilson. In his book, Dr. Wilson lists the signs and symptoms of adrenal fatigue, and I listed his major ones below:
1. Difficulty getting up in the morning.
2. Continued fatigue, not relieved my sleep.
3. Craving for salt or salty foods.
4. Lethargy, to the point where everything feels like an incredible effort.
5. Increased effort to do every day tasks.
6. Decreased libido.
7. Decreased ability to handle stress.
8. Increased time to recover from illness, injury or trauma.
9. Light-headedness when you stand up quickly.
10. Mild depression.
11. Increased PMS.
12. Symptoms increase if you skip meals.
13. Decreased tolerance.
14. Don’t really wake up until 10:00, have a low around 3 or 4, and then feel better after 6.
15. Decreased productivity.
I had to admit my own fatigue…
I can tell you that when I am in adrenal stress, many of them describe me!
But, I know that this is an epidemic for many mothers in our country. We are expected to multi-task way beyond what our mothers had to, and staying home with your children does not make you immune, so don’t fall into that trap. We live in the super fast highway of electronic life alongside the natural everyday duties of being a wife and a mom.
You must. take. a. break.
They say confession, or the admittance of a problem is half the solution, well here is mine. Won’t you join me? Even if you see only a few of these symptoms, take warning, because it can get much worse. Get the book, and learn how you can help yourself (and your family!). Go to a good naturopathic doctor for more assistance.
Blessings to you~Kim