In my journey to make our home as chemical free as possible, so I set out to make my own nontoxic kitchen and bathroom cleaner. When I started this path in life, my special needs son was crawling on the floor still, and I had just fired my bug man. I was faced with a mountain of bills and my son’s very fragile health. I decided that every little bit helps sometimes. However, I still use this cleaner in my bathroom and my kitchen.
I like using this cleaner in my metal sinks in my kitchen. The shine does not compare with store-bought scrubbing cleaners. It really cleans and does not leave a residue behind.
Kitchen and Bathroom Cleaner Recipe (citrus blend)
The recipe is simple and easy to make.
You will need:
- One jar with a lid that has holes to shake out the powder. I have use my own Mason jars and poked the lids with holes, or purchase a pizza cheese jar from Dollar Tree. Either one works!
- 1 cup of Borax
- 1 cup of baking soda
- 1/2 tsp of orange, lemon or grapefruit oil (citrus oils work best, use one or all three!)
How to make your cleaner:
- Measure all the ingredients into your jar.
- Place the lid on the jar and put some tape on top of the holes.
- Shake all the ingredients together to mix.
Uses for your kitchen and bathroom cleaner
This cleaner works well on glass-top stoves, metal sinks and counter tops in your kitchen. It also works well on tubs, sinks and counters in your bathroom. It dissolves well after scrubbing, and leaves a nice shine, unlike your store-bought chemicals. Plus, it is non-toxic! You can’t get much better than that!