Easy peasy crockpot taco soup hits the spot for cold weather. Recently, our Dollar Tree has been stocking up on food items that are too tempting to pass up. I mean, who doesn’t want to save money and eat good food? Just when I think it can’t get any better at Dollar Tree, it does!
Try this Crockpot Taco Soup Recipe!
I spent about $6 on the ingredients and used our own spices and ketchup. Plus, the recipe just kept giving and giving for leftovers.
I added these items which I bought at Dollar Tree for $6, but if you already have chicken, you can skip the $2 and call it a $4 recipe!
I put the tomatoes, beans and peppers along with the chicken into a crockpot and I added a tomato can of water (not the big can, not a small one). I already have a Cajun spice and I added 1 teaspoon of sea salt, but you can add your own spices like cumin and chili powder. The cheese above has spicy peppers in it, so it will add flavor, but I always add more. I let it cook it all for about 4 hours and then add sliced olives and the cheese to melt. Let it all melt for about 5 minutes and serve! This recipe serves about 10 servings.
- 1 28 oz can of tomatoes, crushed or diced
- 1 bag of frozen bell peppers
- I can of refried beans
- 2 small cans of shredded chicken or chicken you have on hand
- 1 can of olives (sliced)
- 1 tsp of sea salt
- 1 TBL of Mexican or Cajun spice
- 1 package of pepper jack cheese
- Add all of the ingredients, except the olives and cheese to a crockpot.
- Then, add 1 tomato can amount of water to the pot.
- Right before serving, add the olives (sliced) and cheese, then stir to melt it.
- Ladle into bowls and top with extra cheese if desired.