This cranberry sauce recipe has become our household favorite that begins at Thanksgiving time, and is continually remade through Christmas. No store-bought sauce for this family! I am not sure I would know what to do with canned cranberry sauce anymore.
You will like the natural sweet and tart taste of this sauce which is packed full of other ingredients, such as apples, raisins and nuts, along with cranberries.
Homemade cranberry sauce lasts less than 24 hours around here.
The aroma of this sauce fills the air when I make it: cranberries, cinnamon, orange, and cloves…I hope you enjoy it as much as we do!
- 2 cups of fresh cranberries
- 2 apples, cored and chopped
- 1 orange, peeled, seeded and diced
- ⅓ cup of apple cider vinegar
- ½ tsp of ground cloves
- 1 tsp of ground cinnamon
- ½ tsp of allspice
- 2 cups of coconut sugar or stevia to taste
- 1 cup of chopped pecans
- ½ cup of raisins
- Add the prepared fruit to a medium-sized saucepan
- Add the vinegar spices and sugar to the fruit.
- Turn the heat on medium and stir occasionally and keep covered, adding water if necessary.
- Cook for at least 30 minutes, mashing the fruit as it cooks.
- At the last minute, add the pecans and raisins.
- Cool and serve with poultry, fish or beef