Peach cobbler just rings childhood memories for me, sitting in my Great-grandmother’s tiny kitchen. She wasn’t much of a cook, except when it came to biscuits, chicken and dumplings, and sweets. We always begged my mom to make Mamaw’s peach cobbler when peach season came round. I wouldn’t say that this is completely my Mamaw’s cobbler, but I modernized the recipe a bit.
*BEST* Homemade Peach Cobbler
What you need:
4-5 ripe peaches (enough to make 4 cups of sliced peaches)
1 1/2 cups of sugar
1 stick of butter
1 cup of flour
1/2 tsp of sea salt
1 tsp of cinnamon, plus extra for dusting
How to make peach cobbler
1. Heat the oven to 350 degrees, then place your baking dish in the oven with a stick of butter in it. Melt the butter like that in the oven, then pull it out.
2. While the butter melts, slice the peaches to make 4 cups of peaches. Mix with 1/2 tsp of cinnamon and 1/2 cup of sugar. You can also cook it over the stove-top to melt the sugar (Like below), but it really isn’t necessary.
3. Get your bowl out and mix up 1 cup of the sugar, flour, salt, 1 tsp of cinnamon and milk.
4. Pour the batter into the dish with the butter. DON’T STIR. Then, slide the peaches out of your measuring cup into the dish on top of the batter. DON’T STIR AGAIN. Sprinkle with a dusting of cinnamon and stick in the oven. (Sorry for the blurry photo, but I wanted you to see how it starts out before you bake it.)
5. Bake for about 45 minutes until the batter is completely cooked and pull out your finished peach cobbler to cool.
Serve with ice cream, milk or whipped cream and eat warm. This is super delicious!