What warms you up when it is cool and rainy outside?
Red Roobios Tea, of course!
I bought ours at the Bulk Herb Store in the form of Pumpkin Spice Tea, which includes red roobios in the blend.
What in the world is red rooibos anyway?
Well, natural red rooibos actually comes from a South African bush, with needles that turn red when they ferment. The bush, which grows all over this area of Africa is a common drink. The locals take the needles and bruise and ferment them. The end result is a refreshing red tea. You can read more about it here.
Are there any health benefits of red rooibos?
- Red rooibos is high in anti-oxidants and has many other benefits.
- It contains iron, magnesium,potassium, flouride, manganese, zinc, calcium and vitamin C.
- It is generally known to be anti-viral.
- It is also anti-spasmodic.
- It heals skin rashes and conditions, even when used topically on the affected area as a poultice.
- In a Japanese study, red rooibos was also found to be anti-carcinogenic, anti-inflammatory and anti-mutagenic.
- It reduces excessive fat production and Type 2 diabetes.
- It is traditionally known to soothe colic in babies.
It is worth a try
Our family finds that it energizes and refreshes us.
Other resource: Fox News