Coconut oil is a good fat
What is a Medium-chain fatty acid?
After many studies, scientists found out that was not quite true. Further, most of the fats we consume from natural animal and plant sources are long-chain fatty acids. This includes fat from meats, nuts and their butters, including coconuts, and fats from dairy products. All of these fats, when consumed in moderation, are good for you.
Coconut oil, however, stands out as a saturated fat with good, healthy boost. It contains what is termed a medium-chain fatty acid. With medium-chain fatty acids, our bodies break down and metabolize them differently. They are known to help prevent heart disease and lower cholesterol. Coconut oil and palm kernel oil are known to have these medium-chain fatty acids.
You can read more information here about medium-chain fatty acids.
Health benefits of coconut oil
So, as you can see, coconut oil contains many health benefits as a saturated fat and a medium-chain fatty acid. Given its molecular make-up, coconut oil provides many health benefits. This palm fruit prevents many health problems and naturally cures mental, emotional and physical health disorders. Coconut oil helps you live a healthy life.
Coconut oil contains:
- Healthy anti-viral properties
- Germ fighting anti-bacterial properties
- Healing anti-fungal properties
- Properties to help end yeast infections
- Moisturizers to soften your skin
- Youthful anti-aging properties
- Properties to help treats skin infections and other eczema-related conditions
- Digestive enzymes to promote good digestion.
- Immune system enhancers
- Healing properties to help your body absorb calcium.
- Facilitates the absorption of other minerals, as well as magnesium.
- Blood sugar regulators
- Lauric acid which assists in the natural regulation of cholesterol.
- Thyroid regulators
- Blood pressure balancers
- Nutrients to help regrow your hair and stop hair loss
- All these properties to improve autism, ADHD and asthma
Is it really true that coconut oil is good for you?
Coconut oil is proven to be a healthy alternative for your life. This saturated oil maintains many uses, such as cooking, health, supplementation, Here is one study about the regulation of intestinal health when palmitic acids (coconut and palm oils) are used. Some say it helps those who are struggling with gut bacteria issues.
It contains 92% of saturated fat, and is not a transfat, which is dangerous to anyone’s health. Saturated fats are fats which are not stored, but converted into energy. The benefits of coconut oil consumption far outweigh reasons to not consume it at all, but don’t take my word for it! Research it for yourself. You can read some more of the benefits of coconut oil, as well as the arguments against high consumption of coconut oil here.
Our family continues to use cold-pressed, organic coconut oil, because of its many health benefits. We have seen it benefit our digestion, cure yeast infections, and heal our eczema, to name only a few benefits.